Chaser-Community-Forum Reloaded!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalServerlistLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

get more players on chaser!

Go down 
+9
BlaCk
zippo
dax
Suggy
Spectre
Baz|Ko
milton
downrise
SOĐ
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOĐ
Lieutnant
Lieutnant
SOĐ

Number of Posts : 151

get more players on chaser! Empty
PostSubject: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:53 pm

We should find a simple and clever way how to get more players on chaser (BIG PROBLEM OF CHASER)
I have never seen a game with such small community. We all know CS1.6, CA, Minecraft and games like these will never be as good as is chaser but i can't understand why they have much better community, i called on chaser my mate that plays CS:S for years long, he played full 2 days and then said to me he quit because of small community.
Maybe thanks to auto map downloader chaser would make more people stay.
I imagine small begin and big end cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
downrise
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 am

Agreed. I always try to tell people to play Chaser with me.
But they are just babbling about how CS is better, or how CoD is better... bah.

They don't know what is a game.
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 am

SOĐ wrote:
We should find a simple and clever way how to get more players on chaser (BIG PROBLEM OF CHASER)
I have never seen a game with such small community. We all know CS1.6, CA, Minecraft and games like these will never be as good as is chaser but i can't understand why they have much better community, i called on chaser my mate that plays CS:S for years long, he played full 2 days and then said to me he quit because of small community.
Maybe thanks to auto map downloader chaser would make more people stay.
I imagine small begin and big end cheers

There are games with smaller communities, believe me.
Anyhow, I'm wondering why you seem to be worried about this matter ? Because as far as I remember, you said your friends laugh at Chaser players ?

This community is not competitive. Several guys launched tournaments, or ranking ladders and they did not work, simply because people will rather play public servers than actually try to get better at the game. Comparing CS, CSS engines with Chaser, is an insult.

Well, yesterday I was talking to some friends about Chaser, which they have played before, and they argued pretty much the same things you've mentioned... Small and stupid community, laggy/crashes, not competitive.
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

Number of Posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:13 am

But there isn't a new generation in chaser, there is also a new generation in the world, the new generation of people only play those fancy games such as CoD, BF, or what the fuck is this name to give to a game: BFBC2 or CoDMW2, or like EAZY-E calls it "Cock of Doody Modern Warfare Gayfuck Stupid 2" this is, indeed fancy shit, and people play those games, seriously I prefer my CH, this is a real game, even if people don't like the MP oh man I know undreads of people tried the SP already, you can see at Xfire, popular screens of CH, undreads of unkown players who have been playing the SP, or at Steam, undreads of players who give their opinions about how the SP was good but unfortunately sometimes they got lost, we should convince those people first, they already gave a try to chaser so why not starting to play online ? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://bs-chaser.tk/
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 am

|kMa| milton wrote:
This community is not competitive. Several guys launched tournaments, or ranking ladders and they did not work, simply because people will rather play public servers than actually try to get better at the game. Comparing CS, CSS engines with Chaser, is an insult.

Well, yesterday I was talking to some friends about Chaser, which they have played before, and they argued pretty much the same things you've mentioned... Small and stupid community, laggy/crashes, not competitive.

That's true, that crap didn't work, because people don't make efforts to play.

Although I think the stupid community makes the competitivity in my case, I hate dumbasses, and own them is the best revenge you can ever have.

Laggy/crashes - true, only solved after 9 years of Chaser, well at least there is a small community who can enjoy not being crashed Razz
Back to top Go down
SOĐ
Lieutnant
Lieutnant
SOĐ

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 pm

i'm still spamming chaser game link on TS, spam it everywhere guys!!! Idea
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant
Spectre

Number of Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:52 am

Now would be a good time to get new players on the game, people are generally more kind to noobs nowadays, they've realised that if they tk and kick new players every time in their first round, there won't be a new generation! For some, that thought process took a worryingly long time, but now I expect everyone to help noobs, tell them how to send a message, buy a gun, run, etc ...

New players do get on chaser, you don't see a new generation of chaser players come, it's gradual, like watching your hair grow ! I admit I fear that over the years with all the new fancy games coming out, less and less people will discover and play Chaser. I think it would be great if we all tried getting 2 or 3 people to install and try the game. Obviously not everyone would stay because it's difficult to get good at it, you do get spammed, lagg-killed, tked (in demo) .... I've tried getting roughly 10 - 15 of my friends to play and they all stopped after a while because they simply didn't like it!

Anyway, we should aim to try getting people we know to start playing the game, but also helping them out individually, teaching them how to play and what to expect !
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussf-chaser.eu
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:32 am

Spectre wrote:
Now would be a good time to get new players on the game, people are generally more kind to noobs nowadays, they've realised that if they tk and kick new players every time in their first round, there won't be a new generation! For some, that thought process took a worryingly long time, but now I expect everyone to help noobs, tell them how to send a message, buy a gun, run, etc ...

New players do get on chaser, you don't see a new generation of chaser players come, it's gradual, like watching your hair grow ! I admit I fear that over the years with all the new fancy games coming out, less and less people will discover and play Chaser. I think it would be great if we all tried getting 2 or 3 people to install and try the game. Obviously not everyone would stay because it's difficult to get good at it, you do get spammed, lagg-killed, tked (in demo) .... I've tried getting roughly 10 - 15 of my friends to play and they all stopped after a while because they simply didn't like it!

Anyway, we should aim to try getting people we know to start playing the game, but also helping them out individually, teaching them how to play and what to expect !

Although I completely agree with you, what's the point ? The friends I've tried to get to play Chaser, also gave up because this game is simply not competitive. They like mainstream games, that they can talk about with someone else. That happens with CS, for instance. Not Chaser. People ask me what games I play. Sometimes I even hesitate saying I play Chaser, or that I've been one of the best at it. People would say "Ow, are you actually the only one who plays that?". LOL, although I was also a top player at some other games, explaining people that Chaser is one of the hardest games to get good at, can become a difficult task.

One of my friends was actually a decent player, and was in wR! in our golden times, but he got bored eventually. The other ones are busy either with LoL, CSS, COD or any other fancy shit game made for public noobie players.

I fear that the next BS tournament becomes a failure. To be completely honest with you, I hope that my own members ( who invited me to participate ), will be able to show up. This game is great, but you have to develop a special love for it. Chaser has a lot of flaws and I'm surprised it's still surviving. It's just one of those things you can't explain.
Back to top Go down
Suggy
Lieutnant
Lieutnant
Suggy

Number of Posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:13 am

The First what ppl think about chaser is, why should i Play chaser:

Pro:
its easy to get it
The gameplay its easy to learn you don't need much time to know all thinks
good gameplay
good maps

Contra:
Bad singelplayer (boring...)
It lags
To small Community
No Support by the publisher
to many bugs
To old
To many hackers

That's what I heard from the most player who take a look about it...

The greatest problems are the lags, hacks and bugs (including box camping -a other kind of bug useing!) many great ppl stoped playing chaser becouse of that. And never come back becouse of that. So I cant think possitive about we can get now easy players, we have to fix this problem before, than it would be more easy to get it more aktive!

About the laggs I thinking about to get for kma a root server, that's helpfull for chaser to becouse actually only 1 vserver runs and that laggs sometimes abit becouse of the other user of the vserver.

And i think this is what it makes this community spezial, look to this forum 7 admins from 5 different. Clan who work together, all the tournies like my kma tournies there many ppl work on it as camera guy as organizer as refery, so it only survive. Becouse ppl working on it, i can collect the ppl who payd a sever i can collect ppl who maked patches against crashes what Eva.

I was many years acktiv in wow cs, css, ut2k4, bf 1942 and freelancer active in all that games i played on a good ranking, at least crysis2 i was there on the top 50 players but i never saw a community like this in all this game who try to get this unsuported game better
Back to top Go down
https://chaser.forumotion.com
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:05 am

Matt Davis, you are damn right !

Also Milton is, competivity is what lacks on this game, yea, wait every year for the kMa tournaments... Then people stopped playing hardly when USMC left, then DASA left along with W members, and many kMa players left, but the worse times were last year after the HOC tournament, that tournament was awesome, say what you want about it, but it worked, only 1 game wasn't played, although the HOC tournament used the map we play most, FS, and another mode, CTF, the next tournament, after BS tournament, should be FS in DM or TDM, I've played it already, would be the first tournament like this I think, I haven't played long enough to know what was behind ...

And Milton, that happens a lot to me, for example like I said before, last year, after the HOC tournament, yeah I was playing pretty much alone, only MeSRiiNe kept playing and some other guys.. Nothing more I guess.. But we and I always said to my friends, I play Chaser, and they tell me, how many people play this game? 1? LOL, even if I tell 100, that's just a few, let's take a look at this:

http://chaser-game.org/graph/

Well, for me, having 100 players on Chaser again is like a victory, but that's something that only a few people would understand...

But BS tournament, is something I'll try to make it work, I have enough contacts to make everybody play and the right times, I'll warn them 5 times per day if necessary about the tournament schedule... I hope it works !
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:21 am

I think that the Pro's here are:
Long Sinpleplayer which makes it different in a good way (YES BORING, but for people like us, for SP players, it's fascinating, and also for newcomers)
And yeah in Chaser you get the game easily, but noobs rarely kill you and that is because there isn't auto guns in Chaser who have recoil and you can spray everywhere, in other games you get easily killed by any kind of player, he just needs to click the LeftMouseButton, it sprays all over your body, while in chaser you need to develop something called "aim".
The gameplay it's pretty easy, you run, jump, and you have a couple of weapons which almost every player uses.
There are awesome maps on Chaser, example of that are Duke's, BUT, they are not going to be played never as we wanted it to be or as Final Strike, and that's because we have who don't know how to save maps, .fs or .cew.. and They don't know that they should unpack them with winrar first, there are many kind of problems.. For example a good map not from Duke, Hospital from Sum1, you guys need to give it a try, small map, but pretty easy to play and very detailed. He's an awesome map maker.

The Contra's are:
Lagg shit game, yeah, you get instantely mad if you get lagg killed, it's annoying because you can't where have you got hitted, although, people like us already developed that love for Chaser and that understanding that it's normal already. The best thing we could is setting a server at UK, like Spectre did, and also usmc players did for a while and the server needed to be patched without nades and other stuff like the bugs, to make it less lagged and better keep on playing without getting crashed or getting killed by players who get in bugs..
Yes this community is small as shit, I've heard many americans in the last few years, they don't have anyone to play with at their time, and when I say anyone, it's like ANYONE, there are only a few americans left on Chaser who rarely play...
Something we don't have is support by anyone, jowood fucked us and went down, the new company seemed that they were going to do anything, but well, it's a disappoint, also Cauldron doesn't to make anything... They need to make this game a bit better...
Well I think if we play on full, we never get hacked, since the only hackers there is, are on demo, on full there is rarely one, but when there is, well, take a loot at other games, you pratically enter 2 servers, and there is 1 hacker in 1 server or in each server

But something we do have and that suGGy is right about it's those players, who make efforts for this game, that community that will never leave or that will leave for a while but ALWAYS come back, those people who I love, those people who started from 0 and became hero... People who started from the begining. I didn't, but well I'm here to help whenever you need.
Back to top Go down
downrise
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:22 am

I will tell a friend of mine to play, he asked me for the game so he could try it.
He might start one of this days. Let's see his evolution, or not-evolution lol
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:26 am

LOOOOL. I will tell you guys a good news, a CoD player, friend of my member GiGi GaLi, from Croatia, started to play yesterday Chaser, his name is: Njomac_CRO.
I don't know if he will switch name or not, but please if you see him try helping him and don't tk him please, and in case someone is team killing the guy, pleae help him...
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant
Spectre

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:39 am

Don't you see Suggy ? It's exactly what Milton was saying, you have to develop a special kind of love for this game that is difficult to come by and even more difficult to explain to a friend. That's why we work so hard to keep this community going and getting people to play, we love this game too much to see it die. We've come to love this game as it is, the k2 bug, the pit bug, getting angry at people for backdoor Razz it's Chaser, it wouldn't be the game we love if it didn't have all of these imperfections. Apart from improving lagg and fighting against hacks and malicious patches, I don't think we should change much of the 'cons', but find a way to explain why someone should play and what they're missing out on. I can't quite put my finger on what it is that motivates new players to carry on playing, maybe it's the concept of clans, when I was a noob all I wanted to do was play until I got into a good clan, make websites for the game, form a group of friends on it, etc...

I saw a documentary on why people can play monotonous video games for so long, there is always something you can see as a goal, or an objective, and the reason why it's tough to motivate new players is because everyone has their own drive, their own objectives they want to achieve. Once you've been playing for so long though, it's the game itself and the community that keeps you online, for me, making maps, running a clan, helping out any way that I can. So coming back onto what I'm trying to say is that we have to find a way to motivate new players by somehow giving them some sort of goal. Maybe a pro FPS player on other games might see it as a challenge to get good at one of the hardest FPS games.

I don't know lol !
Back to top Go down
Suggy
Lieutnant
Lieutnant
Suggy

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:19 am

yeah but we have to see first with the eyes of that ppl not with ours, we can say we love chaser, but that would change a think, love wont let them join this game, only to solve some critical problems,
im trying to motivate ppl from cs ppl from my conection and other clans of wow to get them to this game, i mate
a lot of experience in the last 9 years with that and 99% of them didnt played longer as a week becouse of this 3 critical probs, maybe we find a way to fuck hackers, im sure zippo will handle that, and i bet zippo will find a way to make the server better becouse this crashing of the server makes ppl leave too - and the server crash becouse of
some bugs
but that must be solved, becouse nobody will crys about one big problem, but chaser has to much, to make it
intressting for other gamers
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:00 am

I always said this and it will remain as one of my dreams... If I ever get enough money, I would host an international LAN Party... Ofcourse, I'd like to see a lot of people there, that couldn't normally be there, so I'd have to pay for their tickets and stuff like that.

Anyway, Atecep once tried to create a tournament that will give prize moneys away... Actually I'd be capable of doing that, but why ? This community does not deserve it at all. Plus, what guarantees does that give me that people will keep playing Chaser at a competitive level, because of my initiative ?
What do I get in return ?
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant
Spectre

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:16 am

I think paying for people's tickets and giving away cash prizes is a little extreme, this isn't the ESL Razz

SuGGy, i know the love that WE have for Chaser won't change anything for new players, I was just trying to explain how difficult it is to try and get someone to understand what Chaser is like to us and how difficult it is to get them motivated to play Chaser. I think what we need to do is just to keep trying to spread this game to our friends, fix the servers and create anti-hacking patches. Zippo has made incredible progress so far.

Imagine all 41 users in this forum got just 2 people to try playing, we'd have over 80 new players, how many of these players will go and how many will stay ? Probably not very many will stay but we'd still be left with a few players.
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 am

|kMa| milton wrote:
I always said this and it will remain as one of my dreams... If I ever get enough money, I would host an international LAN Party... Ofcourse, I'd like to see a lot of people there, that couldn't normally be there, so I'd have to pay for their tickets and stuff like that.

Anyway, Atecep once tried to create a tournament that will give prize moneys away... Actually I'd be capable of doing that, but why ? This community does not deserve it at all. Plus, what guarantees does that give me that people will keep playing Chaser at a competitive level, because of my initiative ?
What do I get in return ?

That's true, I remember what he did, recording the best rush, I think it was Nemytits who won, he did an amazing job, I wasn't expecting that rush from Nemy, was really a smart move from Atecep, trying to bring competivity and activity to Chaser, but well Tj went there and sent his movie while killing a guy and then moving from k1 to k2 killing Nafets when he was |kMa|, and that didn't brought any activity, since he just reuploaded a clip, and then DASA intervened and said that Atecep's goal was making people keep playing and make efforts for something, achieve something.

Well it didn't work when we had (USMC) americans on Chaser, now that we don't, hopefully, it might work !

@Miton first sentence, didn't know that about you but sounds interesting, something we need had was a lan party, although I remember my brother telling me that Sadic played at LAN with hamachi against YuG0 Razz
Back to top Go down
dax
dax

Number of Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 am

we dont need more players.
i like old members, in start they names are ..,** or some thing like that, but if they wining, then that player put his tags like
zippo( PEDER)

affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Suggy
Lieutnant
Lieutnant
Suggy

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:38 pm

dax wrote:
i like old members, in start they names are ..,** or some thing like that, but if they wining, then that player put his tags like
zippo( PEDER)

hahahahaha somethink about it is true Very Happy
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:48 pm

dax wrote:
zippo( PEDER)

I don't need that, because I always win! l0l
Back to top Go down
dax
dax

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:59 pm

|kMa| milton wrote:
dax wrote:
zippo( PEDER)

yep, fast shot is your best friend, bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 pm

dax wrote:
|kMa| milton wrote:
dax wrote:
zippo( PEDER)

?? now who the fuck are you, to call me a fast shooter ? Crip was at my house, ask him if I used fast shot. I have 20 minute videos of me playing, everyone knows what gaming gear I had... you probably don't know what's it like having a good PC, decent internet and mouse, so I give you a break you 3rd world cunt.
Back to top Go down
dax
dax

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 am

|kMa| milton wrote:
dax wrote:
|kMa| milton wrote:
dax wrote:
zippo( PEDER)

?? now who the fuck are you, to call me a fast shooter ? Crip was at my house, ask him if I used fast shot. I have 20 minute videos of me playing, everyone knows what gaming gear I had... you probably don't know what's it like having a good PC, decent internet and mouse, so I give you a break you 3rd world cunt.

So if you react to my statement, it means that something you afraid of.
Back to top Go down
SOĐ
Lieutnant
Lieutnant
SOĐ

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 am

A player can't hide when am on server i know all the IP's king
of course if u ain't newbie then i might only know the country.
Sometimes i play i don't know who you are but i always know it pirat

Last edited by SOĐ on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sry asslickers ;-])
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: get more players on chaser!   get more players on chaser! Empty

Back to top Go down

get more players on chaser!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next