I am well aware that many of you have not played Chaser in a fair amount of time, in case you had not yet realised, you will not see any servers running in Chaser at the moment. This is because the contract between Gamespy and Jowood has expired, as Gamespy has been bought by a new company, there is no master server supporting Chaser, which is why no servers can be seen in game.
Don't start crying just yet, as there is some good news, there are still servers running on Chaser and there is still a way for you to join them!
The CGP Launcher
- Zippo and I have turned the CGP website into a master server, and so we have replaced Chaser's server list query with our own.
- The CGP Launcher is an application you should install on your computer if you would like to play Chaser. It lists all the servers that are online, and it makes it very easy to join all the servers.
- The CGP Launcher comes with the ability to create your own servers on demo and on full, once you create a server, your IP address and the port you used for the server is sent to the CGP master server to be queried so that anyone can see your server and join.
- The application also comes with an Automatic Map Downloader, you have access to over 200 custom made maps, and you have the ability to download and install any of them in one click, directly from the CGP Launcher.
- Try to join a server running a map that you do not have, you will be prompted by the CGP Launcher to download the map (if it's found in our database), and you can play in one click !
If you encounter any problems or bugs, please contact me on skype and I will help you.
Skype Contact: matt.davis.112
Matt Davis (Spectre)
P.S. Visit www.chaser-game.net for more information !