Chaser-Community-Forum Reloaded!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalServerlistLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament

Go down 
+3
Skyline*
SOĐ
BlaCk
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlaCk

Number of Posts : 19

CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament Empty
PostSubject: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:46 am

First of all I love the activity in chaser with tournaments like the current one and this new one. Also I would really like to see that "nations" tournament.
Link to the 1on1 tournament site: http://www.wix.com/makolex1/chaser1on1tournament

I have a few questions you guys might be able to give me some clear answers too. They are mainly about rules.

1) "Each game will have 40 rounds, divided by 2 matches and after 10 rounds you switch sides. After 20 rounds, you play the next game."
If I understand this right it will go like this then: in every match you play 20 rounds. The final result will be the scores of both matches combined? What if its 20-20?

2) "You can choose Final Strike or Building Site maps."
This would mean I can pick FS or Building site? Or other maps too? Do maps need to be confirmed in advance?

3) "No camping, no bugging, no glitching, no hacking, no nades, no flashes. You can get disqualified."
No camping is a very wide expression. Do you mean, no box camp? No k1 camp? Or does everybody have to rush?
What I mean to ask is: What do you mean with the word "camp" and when is something considered camping so hard your disqualified??
This is a stupid rule in my opinion. Camping is part of tactics and thus part of chaser. Also might cause problems with final results or even questions about the "neutral status" of the referee's.. "But he camped...QQ"

4) "Backdoor (in case of Final Strike) allowed when the 2 players decide to go Backdoor."
What if I want backdoor allowed and my enemy doesn't want it.

5) How will this event work? Will it be a tournament? Meaning we go from group phases to quarter-finals and up? Or is it a full knockout tournament?

And finally:
6) How will you determine who plays who. With this I mean, you don't want 2 good persons who are able to reach the finals, to face each other in the first round. Also if you don't think about this very carefully, you will get a lot of whining about it. You should have some rule you want to follow. For example results in the last tournament count towards who you have to play or something like that.

Well some more info or clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks !

BlaCk
Back to top Go down
SOĐ
Lieutnant
Lieutnant
SOĐ

Number of Posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:38 am

BlaCk wrote:

3) "No camping, no bugging, no glitching, no hacking, no nades, no flashes. You can get disqualified."
No camping is a very wide expression. Do you mean, no box camp? No k1 camp? Or does everybody have to rush?
What I mean to ask is: What do you mean with the word "camp" and when is something considered camping so hard your disqualified??
This is a stupid rule in my opinion. Camping is part of tactics and thus part of chaser. Also might cause problems with final results or even questions about the "neutral status" of the referee's.. "But he camped...QQ"

"This is a stupid rule in my opinion. Camping is part of tactics and thus part of chaser."

U're not the only one who thinks so.
This rule really sucks Shocked , first time i saw the 1on1 tourny i imagined it as, being behind the box the whole time and keys playing ( players that know me could see. its my game style that's also one of the reasons why i got so many haters cyclops , really there is still many tactical ways how to destroy a camper... for an example use bd windows what ever + at bd rule it should be allowed. These rules close so many ways to pwn, THIS TOURNAMENT WONT SHOW WHO IS THE BEST CHASER PLAYER BUT JUST WHOS THE BEST RUSHER, SUCKA! ;-]

Last edited by SOĐ on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sex.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

Number of Posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:45 am

1) "Each game will have 40 rounds, divided by 2 matches and after 10 rounds you switch sides. After 20 rounds, you play the next game."
If I understand this right it will go like this then: in every match you play 20 rounds. The final result will be the scores of both matches combined? What if its 20-20?

1 - So yeah you are correct. Its highly unlikable that a game ends 20-20, but, yet, possible. That way, you will keep playing and it will be like tenis. You need to 2 straight points to win. The first one to get the 2 straight points, wins.

2) "You can choose Final Strike or Building Site maps."
This would mean I can pick FS or Building site? Or other maps too? Do maps need to be confirmed in advance?

- Only FS and Building Site. You dont need to confirm anything, u can use that as an "advantage", if you want to put it that way.

- What I mean with this is that you cannot be hidden. It has to be a CLEAN Match. I mean, CLEAN. You can go k1, but u need to tell your opponent that you are going to be hidden. This will be a Tournament that I want it to be fast. If you go BD your opponent needs to know, so that the Fight goes on BD. Understand? =D

4) "Backdoor (in case of Final Strike) allowed when the 2 players decide to go Backdoor."
What if I want backdoor allowed and my enemy doesn't want it.

- Well, you will just have to live with it. It is possible and probably will happen. Then u can play at Building Site, where u can go anywhere.

5) How will this event work? Will it be a tournament? Meaning we go from group phases to quarter-finals and up? Or is it a full knockout tournament?

- This will be a knockout Tournament, you play the 2 matches, you win, you keep going, you loose, you say byebye ^^

And finally:
6) How will you determine who plays who. With this I mean, you don't want 2 good persons who are able to reach the finals, to face each other in the first round. Also if you don't think about this very carefully, you will get a lot of whining about it. You should have some rule you want to follow. For example results in the last tournament count towards who you have to play or something like that.

- Well, That is something that I could consider. But thats a good idea. I could also use the clans that everyone is at and use that as a reference. Lets see how many people register.

Any more questions? =D
Back to top Go down
BlaCk

Number of Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks for the response, I think it is important that rules like these are clear for everyone.

Skyline* wrote:

1)
No camping, no bugging, no glitching, no hacking, no nades, no flashes. You can get disqualified."
- What I mean with this is that you cannot be hidden. It has to be a CLEAN Match. I mean, CLEAN. You can go k1, but u need to tell your opponent that you are going to be hidden. This will be a Tournament that I want it to be fast. If you go BD your opponent needs to know, so that the Fight goes on BD. Understand? =D

2)
"What if I want backdoor allowed and my enemy doesn't want it.
- Well, you will just have to live with it. It is possible and probably will happen. Then u can play at Building Site, where u can go anywhere.

2 more questions then Very Happy
1): So I can boxcamp and I can key1 camp as long as it is clear for both players where I am? Because I do like it if you mean that. It will ensure fast matches though still tactical.

2) How about the "home-player" aka the person that picked the map can set the rules for that match (about backdoor and stuff) and the next match the other way around? Very Happy

Well just my 2 cents.

BlaCk.
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:36 am

1): So I can boxcamp and I can key1 camp as long as it is clear for both players where I am? Because I do like it if you mean that. It will ensure fast matches though still tactical.

Yes, its exactly like that!

2) How about the "home-player" aka the person that picked the map can set the rules for that match (about backdoor and stuff) and the next match the other way around?

- I was thinking about that, but I still think its better for the game to be as I said it. If you want to go BD you have to tell him... Now if he wants to go Bd its his choice, but he cannot be standing still waiting for you. He has to be moving. Thats why we'll have the referees.
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am

take me out of the tournament, I don't agree with those rules.
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:25 am

Rules are about to be changed-
Back to top Go down
mEGA
Trooper
Trooper

Number of Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:28 am

SOĐ wrote:
BlaCk wrote:

"This is a stupid rule in my opinion. Camping is part of tactics and thus part of chaser."

U're not the only one who thinks so.
This rule really sucks Shocked , first time i saw the 1on1 tourny i imagined it as, being behind the box the whole time and keys playing ( players that know me could see. its my game style that's also one of the reasons why i got so many haters cyclops , really there is still many tactical ways how to destroy a camper... for an example use bd windows what ever + at bd rule it should be allowed. These rules close so many ways to pwn, THIS TOURNAMENT WONT SHOW WHO IS THE BEST CHASER PLAYER BUT JUST WHOS THE BEST RUSHER, SUCKA! ;-]
better having the best rusher winning than the best camper to be honest... ( NO, dont say box camping is tactics, it's just an overpowered abuse of an object in the map, i'd call it a glitch more than a technique lol)
But yes rules need to be like totally redefined
Instead of these rules about camping a stuff, think first about the 2 matches. Why 2? 1 isn't enough? THAT is going to take your precious time you re talking about, and not the camping/etc part.

And in my opinion, a battle at hall should just be: Play normally and dont use/abuse the box. BD should be used if both agree, so 1 can be hall and the other uses BD, not both going bd cus they say "hey bro lets bd!". Camping K1 should be totally forbidden unless the player has been pushed back in the term of the fight.. and still :/

Just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

Number of Posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:11 am

Agreed mEGA, and something else, about the matches, Skyline wanted to be 2 games, 1 hosted by each player, but if CGP is going to help/provide the servers on this tournament, well I think only 1 should be played, if you want a fast tournament.
Back to top Go down
http://bs-chaser.tk/
mEGA
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:32 am

Baz|Ko wrote:
Agreed mEGA, and something else, about the matches, Skyline wanted to be 2 games, 1 hosted by each player, but if CGP is going to help/provide the servers on this tournament, well I think only 1 should be played, if you want a fast tournament.
^This.
kMa VIP could become one of the servers for 1on1 too. We should have like 2/3 FS servers and 1 building site. Both players decide which map and in case of non agreement it should be the default map: FS

EDIT: Sky take all these posts into consideration before remaking the rules Wink
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:39 am

So I have set new rules, but then I came here.. lol

About the 2 matches. Its only for each player doesnt complain about the lag. This way I think its fair(er?).

I dont know, what do u think?
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:18 am

Skyline* wrote:
So I have set new rules, but then I came here.. lol

About the 2 matches. Its only for each player doesnt complain about the lag. This way I think its fair(er?).

I dont know, what do u think?

the CGP site should be used...
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 am

I think I know a way to me more fair, do Building Site ST 1on1 tournament, no one can complain about campers then and the guy who wins it will be the one who has more experience on it, so if you are a FS'er, you might get fucked up ! Razz
Just one idea, my other idea was, you can ask LukE to make a server, and CGP to make the other, the servers are different in terms of lagg and pings, so it will also LukE and CGP if the players tell which server was the best they played at, they could give their opinions, anyway, this were my 2 thoughts.
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:28 am

Baz|Ko wrote:
I think I know a way to me more fair, do Building Site ST 1on1 tournament, no one can complain about campers then and the guy who wins it will be the one who has more experience on it, so if you are a FS'er, you might get fucked up ! Razz
Just one idea, my other idea was, you can ask LukE to make a server, and CGP to make the other, the servers are different in terms of lagg and pings, so it will also LukE and CGP if the players tell which server was the best they played at, they could give their opinions, anyway, this were my 2 thoughts.

Good idea @ server part.

About Building Site, I told him already, but he said he would include FS, which does not make sense for this kind of tournament.
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 am

Ok, so u want to be hosted by the public servers?

About the maps, should it be only Building Site - Shock Troops? =)
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:41 am

Skyline* wrote:

double yes.
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:24 am

|kMa| milton wrote:
Skyline* wrote:

double yes.

Double yes aswell.
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 am

Ok then, new rules coming tomorrow xP

Back to top Go down
mEGA
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:31 am

No FS? Sad
Bah nice for a change anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:38 am

I think its better!
Back to top Go down
downrise
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:05 am

Yep, it's better only Building Site.
Changes the things a bit Smile

Or just make a 2vs2 there lol, it would be nice to see some team-fight at BS
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:55 am

Downrise y u no register? ?!!?!?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:14 am

​ First Round - 17/04/2012 - 24/04/2012

SOD vs Baz|ko

Milton vs mEGA

Shr3k vs V3ndetta

Born2Fuck vs PoWeR

Bill vs Lofas

Marcel vs Potti

Veloso vs Sukh

Skyline vs Lumair

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!
Back to top Go down
mEGA
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:54 am

Cool.
But are we seriously playing Building Site?
Now that's gonna be boring!
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:55 am

mEGA wrote:
Cool.
But are we seriously playing Building Site?
Now that's gonna be boring!

No, 1on1 FS is boring.

it's a shame it's ST, tho.. I wanted DM ;(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament   CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

CHASER 1on1 Royal Tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next