Chaser-Community-Forum Reloaded!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalServerlistLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chaser Nations Cup

Go down 
+7
SOĐ
mEGA
Sukh
BlaCk
milton
Baz|Ko
Skyline*
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 99

Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:37 am

Mandek map should be chosen. Period.
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

Number of Posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:50 am

So what about Mandek's map for Knockouts phase?

And Clanwarz to Groups Phase?

Huh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

Number of Posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 am

Skyline* wrote:
So what about Mandek's map for Knockouts phase?

And Clanwarz to Groups Phase?

Huh? Very Happy

Fair enough for me.
Back to top Go down
http://bs-chaser.tk/
BlaCk

Number of Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Sure, I have the tactics for my team sorted then for the Groupphase ;p

But yea should work !

BlaCk
Back to top Go down
downrise
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:58 pm

Fuck, I would like to see matches played on 2 maps, Mandek and Clanwarz.
For example the group phase only in Clanwarz, then the semi finals and final are played in both.
What you think?

@Black - I understand now the 10 min switch Wink
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Thats an idea that can work out too Downrise...

What do u guys think?
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Same goes for me, should work, so why not ^^
Back to top Go down
BlaCk

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Sounds good !
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant
Spectre

Number of Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 am

Baziko, have you ever played a proper match on Cover Me ? I think your view of that map has been a bit mislead. I don't understand how you said you got lost, it's a simple map, and a very different map which made it work very well in the kMa ctf tourny.

Mandek and Clanwarz are overrated, they're good but it's nothing new or different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussf-chaser.eu
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am

Spectre wrote:
Baziko, have you ever played a proper match on Cover Me ? I think your view of that map has been a bit mislead. I don't understand how you said you got lost, it's a simple map, and a very different map which made it work very well in the kMa ctf tourny.

Mandek and Clanwarz are overrated, they're good but it's nothing new or different.

Answering your question, no I never played a proper match in Cover Me, and never made nothing else than taking a look at it. Well yeah I bet I got lost for mistake, not sure then, but the fact that I can't get protection while being a Winchester I won't be able to bring my flag back to my base safe without getting 200 shots from 3 ak'ers .. Yes that's true I need an huge help from my teammates, but what about getting shot by a sniper/val ? Does your map has them? If yes then I'm owned pretty easily by snipers I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Sukh

Number of Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:45 am

|kMa| milton wrote:
SOĐ wrote:
Possible teams: NL-team1; PT-team1, PT-team2; DE-team1, DE-team2 DE-team3, DE-team4, DE-team5.
USA - Khan, Sokolov the rest are inactive USMC's.
French - PoWeR, Mesrine, saw Cocaine and Berenice around, but not sure if they are playing seriously.... (If i don't count 14 years old demo fr noobs)
UK - Crip, Spectre.

This tourny was not a bad idea at all, but in my view it will be pretty hard to make it happen real.
USA should get along with UK to a one team.
CZ: Bill, Lumair, Zippo, Me ~ CZ and FR should get together
and then States as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, They all talk in Serbian language so they just have 4 players to make a team (GiGi Gali, BOSNIA, dax, davi) =/ they should get together with Finland, (Shrek, WAVE) pitty deen left the game.

First we should sort out the teams and then care about the rest.
+ I would be glad if we wouldn't play 2 different maps. Knew, of course Baziko came up with FS CTF lol.
I'm giving my voice for CLANWARZ 2x20 minutes.

I agree with Clanwarz or Mandek.

3 PT teams are more than possible
1 CZ team
1 SK tea
3/4 DE teams
1 NL team
1 Turkey team
1 Balcan team ( yugo, davi, dax, etc )

and then 2/3 more mixed teams. (UK, FR, North America, FIN, etc )

This could happen really easily.

You forgot 1 team Force India
Back to top Go down
mEGA
Trooper
Trooper

Number of Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:03 am

FS CTF is nice aswell.
It's as good as Clanwarz and Mandek, and gets old slower than these 2.
In my opinion teams should just chose a home map from these 3, no?
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant
Spectre

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 6:08 am

Baz, on the Cover Me map, there's lots of cover you can get, the map isn't open for akers to shoot everywhere you go. There aren't boxes and stupid places to hide, but you wouldn't get ripped apart by akers or snipers on that map. You'd have to be pretty shit at chaser for that to happen. The last time I played that map, we had to use really intense tactics, it was a great experience. You can't simply judge a map by looking at it for 2 minutes, in general if you're picky about maps, don't go around spreading a shit word about them otherwise they never get used and we end up using the same maps over and over again.

So, why always the same maps ? It doesn't matter whether they're good, something new can always be fun. What about maps like Arctic Siege and Kromka Base ? I'm sure there are tonnes of other custom made CTF maps to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:03 am

Spectre wrote:
Baz, on the Cover Me map, there's lots of cover you can get, the map isn't open for akers to shoot everywhere you go. There aren't boxes and stupid places to hide, but you wouldn't get ripped apart by akers or snipers on that map. You'd have to be pretty shit at chaser for that to happen. The last time I played that map, we had to use really intense tactics, it was a great experience. You can't simply judge a map by looking at it for 2 minutes, in general if you're picky about maps, don't go around spreading a shit word about them otherwise they never get used and we end up using the same maps over and over again.

So, why always the same maps ? It doesn't matter whether they're good, something new can always be fun. What about maps like Arctic Siege and Kromka Base ? I'm sure there are tonnes of other custom made CTF maps to choose from.

I don't remember the map too well as I said before, but one thing I would never do is spreading a word about how shit a map is, to me, every single map in chaser as its essence, if you know what I mean.

I think here we're not discussing why using the same maps, we are discussing about which map should be using according to the conditions, as an example, Kromka base is huge as shit, 4 vs 4 would be fine there ? No way.. ! Still maps such as Mandek Base would work at 4 vs 4, same goes for ClanWarz. There is also the problem about how buggy a map is those stuff.. As you said, Artic Siege, yes it is a good map, but well I tend to get lost A LOT in that map whenever I go trough the snow to the ship, and it is buggy, not a lot but you can try to go somewhere and you'll end up bugged, same happens in some places at Kromka Base. But well if you said that we can cover ourselves somewhere, I'll take a look more further to that map, and I'll give you another feedback.. Although the map is called itself "Cover Me".. Which means team work.
Back to top Go down
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 am

Here's my final opinion : 3 maps should be chosen

Clanwarz
Mandek Base
Arctic Siege

At group stage, make it Arctic Siege, because it comes with Chaser and everyone knows it. It's an amazing map.

Knockouts, Clanwarz and Mandek Base should be played. The two of them.

Final, same as above.

by the way, Nations Cup SHOULD be 5vs5, dont even think about any other number.
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:04 am

Not sure if Artic Siege works on my Chaser... Last time I tried joining Hypersonic Raid it didn't work, don't know if the same happens with Artic..
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant
Spectre

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:09 am

It's true there are a lot of maps official and non-official that can be buggy, and you're right about Kromka Base being too large for a 4v4, I was not paying too much attention to the other details about the tournament that might play a role in determining which maps to use. Though I am trying to motivate people to use different maps, and a lot of different maps, simply to create a new experience and to discover the hidden worlds that lie within Chaser. I haven't made many CTF maps in the past, and I don't know if Duke has either, but let's take a look through Jim's list of maps, or any other maps made by other aspiring map makers, give custom mappers the chance to put their maps in the spotlight in the upcoming tournament.
Back to top Go down
mEGA
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:40 am

Baz|Ko wrote:
Not sure if Artic Siege works on my Chaser... Last time I tried joining Hypersonic Raid it didn't work, don't know if the same happens with Artic..
If i'm not mistaken, Hypersonic didn't come exactly at the same time as Arctic Siege.
The latter should work correctly on your pc Smile
Back to top Go down
BlaCk

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 am

|kMa| milton wrote:
Here's my final opinion : 3 maps should be chosen

Clanwarz
Mandek Base
Arctic Siege

At group stage, make it Arctic Siege, because it comes with Chaser and everyone knows it. It's an amazing map.

Knockouts, Clanwarz and Mandek Base should be played. The two of them.

Final, same as above.

by the way, Nations Cup SHOULD be 5vs5, dont even think about any other number.

Arctic siege? Are you serious? I wouldnt even consider that map, its highly spawn killeble, sick amounts of bugs, not suited for any competetive play ever. I remember this map being picked by I think W (or any other clan) vs USMC and it ended in a sick spawncamp with loads of flames. You can for example get nades near on of the bases and no stop throw it in the enemies spawn, effectively solo'ing the team. Please !

On the 5 man team thing, it can be nice but you have to consider a 5 man team will slim down the amount of teams. Also I think for example The Dutch team wont be able to get 5 (active) ppl to play each match. 4 doable, 5 nope.
Consider that.

BlaCk.
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 am

Playing this cup 5 vs 5 won't be a problem from me, yet I think we shouldn't consider Artic Siege one of the maps nor Kromka Base since Matt already got my point.

And I understood what you meant, and you're right, although my amount of experience at CTF maps isn't that big.. You also said that you've only made 1 CTF map, and I don't know either about Duke, but maybe Jim had.
Back to top Go down
downrise
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:53 am

Baz|Ko wrote:

Hosting a server with the map fades away any doubt Razz

Anyway, not sure about Artic Siege for the spawn kill and such
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant
Spectre

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:40 am

We simply make Spawn Killing against the rules, any team that camps at the enemy base to spawnkill will be disqualified !
Back to top Go down
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain
Baz|Ko

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:58 am

Still the map is very buggy.. But yeah sure we can make a rule against it...
Back to top Go down
mEGA
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 am

I am agains't Cover Me
Have a great respect for what has been done in that map, but it simply doesnt reach Clanwarz/Mandek/FS CTF 's level of enjoyment.
ps: Mandek and FS CTF are much more open to new tactics then Cover Me, concerning what you said before. Clanwarz has some tricks. Nothing we havn't seen yet but it's fun as hell!
Back to top Go down
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:56 am

Can u please decide? =P

Website is ready!

Just need the rules Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Chaser Nations Cup - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chaser Nations Cup
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next